Where is the Field bet on the field on the table?

A real casino craps table looks like a boat. Players stand along its sides and take turns throwing dice on the playing field. Approximate dimensions of the table – 5×2,5 m, height of boards – about 1 m. The Field bet is located almost in the center of the playing field. This sector has a corresponding inscription – Field.

What is a field bet in a dice game?

Field is a type of straight bet that can be placed at any time. It is placed on the numbers 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12. If these numbers do not appear, the bet loses. If they appear, the player gets the winnings. The casino’s Field advantage is equal to 5.56%.

Odds and payouts on craps bets

A Field bet in craps is made on a single roll. The player predicts that a certain number will fall out. If it happens, the bet wins, if not – there is a loss.

The odds of betting on Field are as follows:

  • For numbers 3, 4, 9, 10 and 11 the payout is calculated as 1 to 1.
  • Number 2 and 12 – payout is 2 to 1, more rarely 3 to 1.

Field chances of winning  in the dice are calculated mathematically. The following formula is used: there are a total of 16 winning combinations available out of 36 possible combinations, which is about 44.44%. The probability of losing a Field bet is calculated in the same way: 20 losing combinations out of 36 possible combinations, which is about 55.56%.

Is the Field bet a good bet in craps?

The Field bet in street craps online has several advantages:

  • Simplicity. The prediction is made for one shot, and the result is known immediately.
  • High payouts for two numbers – 2 and 12. The standard payout is calculated as 2 to 1.

The disadvantage of the Field bet is obvious. It consists in the fact that the numbers 5, 6, 7 and 8 fall out more often than the winning ones. In particular, 7 and 8 have more combinations than the other numbers and increase the probability of losing.

Is the Field bet a good bet in craps?

The Field bet in street craps online has several advantages:

  • Simplicity. The prediction is made for one shot, and the result is known immediately.
  • High payouts for two numbers – 2 and 12. The standard payout is calculated as 2 to 1.

The disadvantage of the Field bet is obvious. It consists in the fact that the numbers 5, 6, 7 and 8 fall out more often than the winning ones. In particular, 7 and 8 have more combinations than the other numbers and increase the probability of losing.

What is the best craps betting strategy?

Playing Field dice in the long run is not the most profitable idea, but there are some strategies that help to minimize losses and increase winnings over a short distance. The basic approach in this case is to set a bankroll and stick to it. You can divide the amount into several parts and bet one at a time to participate in the hand. Secondly, it is better to use the winnings for further bets, and the bankroll to set aside. Thirdly, use a combined craps-hop betting scheme, for example, combine Field with Pass Line and Come. Such a combination can bring winnings in a short distance.

Iron Cross Dice Strategy

The Iron Cross system combines a Field bet with a Place bet of 5, 6 or 8. It is customary to use the same amounts, although it is possible to raise to a certain progression.

  • With numbers 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12 the Field bet wins and the Place bets remain on the table.
  • A roll of 5 – the Place bet on 5 wins and pays 7:5, but the Field bet loses. The other two bets remain on the field.
  • A roll of 6 or 8 – the corresponding Place bet wins and pays 7:6, but loses Field. The other two bets remain on the field.
  • When 7 appears – all four bets are lost. Of course, the total number 7 is the most frequent combination, but the previous situations help to reduce the number of failures.

The strategy “Iron Cross” will work if the sum of winnings exceeds the losses. Statistics show that such a betting system for a long gaming session is not profitable. Accordingly, it is important to stop in time to maintain a positive result.

Explanation of the Craps Come bet: what is it and how does it work?

The Come bet is made before the Point is established. After it, the Point or another number that becomes it will fall out. To make a Come bet, you must get a number between 4 and 10, but not 7, during a Pass Line bet. The Point must then be repeated, with 7 again being an undesirable number. Come bet – can be part of a strategy to deprive the opponents of favorable positions before their turn. The payout on it is calculated in the ratio of 1 to 1 if 7 and 11 fall out. Defeat happens with numbers 2 and 3, as well as craps, that is 12.

About the Author

Mason Caldwell Casino Expert
Mason Caldwell

Born in San Francisco on May 12, 1987, Mason Caldwell is a well-known casino review consultant with headquarters in Las Vegas. 2009 saw him finish with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance from Stanford University; 2010 saw him enter the gaming business, first employed as a financial analyst for big casinos. Mason turned full-time as a writer of casino evaluations, combining his financial knowledge with a thorough awareness of the gaming industry. Having written several perceptive pieces, he has guided gamblers toward the best gaming experiences.